Give the gift of friendship to a patient in your community ~ Huntersville
31 people are interested
Patients living in Huntersville are in need of volunteers to brighten their day by offering the gift of friendship during a difficult time.
Carolina Caring volunteers put their passions into practice, offering time and talents to soothe the lives of other people during difficult times - and for no other reward than the knowledge that good is being done.
What does a Hospice volunteer do?
- Provide friendship and companionship to patients and families. Volunteers visit in a patient’s home or facility; wherever they call home. Volunteers read to patients, talk about common interests, keep them company, play board games and provide a comforting presence.
- Volunteers visit when it is convenient for their schedule and the family’s schedule.
- Volunteers do not provide any hands on care; only friendship to the patient.
- Volunteers do not transport patients, administer medications, or feed patients.
- Every volunteer receives free and comprehensive training before visiting with a patient. Trainings are offered in Huntersville. The session is designed to give volunteers the information needed to be well-prepared for their role as a volunteer serving our patients and families. Training is provided at no cost to the volunteer.
- All volunteers must complete an application, including 2 personal or professional references, along with a criminal background check.
- Two TB skin tests are required. No cost to the volunteer.
'You matter because you are you; you matter to the last moment of your life; and we will do all we can, not only to help you die peacefully, but also to live until you die.’-- Dame Cicely Saunders, MDTo learn more, contact Sara Waugh at 828-466-0466 ext. 2141 or email@example.com
We'll work with your schedule.
Mecklenburg CountyHuntersville, NC 28078
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training