Give the gift of friendship to a patient in your community ~ Huntersville
46 people are interested
Patients living in Huntersville are in need of volunteers to brighten their day by offering the gift of friendship during a difficult time.
Carolina Caring volunteers put their passions into practice, offering time and talents to soothe the lives of other people during difficult times - and for no other reward than the knowledge that good is being done.
What does a Hospice volunteer do?
- Provide friendship and companionship to patients and families. Volunteers visit in a patient’s home or facility; wherever they call home. Volunteers read to patients, talk about common interests, keep them company, play board games and provide a comforting presence.
- Volunteers visit when it is convenient for their schedule and the family’s schedule.
- Volunteers do not provide any hands on care; only friendship to the patient.
- Volunteers do not transport patients, administer medications, or feed patients.
- Every volunteer receives free and comprehensive training before visiting with a patient. Trainings are offered in Huntersville. The session is designed to give volunteers the information needed to be well-prepared for their role as a volunteer serving our patients and families. Training is provided at no cost to the volunteer.
- All volunteers must complete an application, including 2 personal or professional references, along with a criminal background check.
- Two TB skin tests are required. No cost to the volunteer.
'You matter because you are you; you matter to the last moment of your life; and we will do all we can, not only to help you die peacefully, but also to live until you die.’-- Dame Cicely Saunders, MDTo learn more, contact Sara Waugh at 828-466-0466 ext. 2141 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Carolina Caring
3975 Robinson Road, Newton, NC 28658, US
To provide world-class, compassionate care by engaging all individuals and their families to enhance living. Volunteers needed in Alexander, Burke, Cabarrus, Caldwell, Catawba, Cleveland, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, McDowell, Mecklenburg & Rowan counties.
Carolina Caring was established as one of North Carolina’s original three hospice providers in 1979, when formalized end-of-life care was in its early stages. We began as a small group of grassroots volunteers who came together to support families in our immediate community.
Through the years, we learned more, grew more, and became a valued resource both locally and regionally. Thanks to our reputation for quality care and compassion, we were invited into neighboring towns and counties, and we accepted the call to help folks throughout the Catawba Valley. Currently, families and medical professionals in 12 counties count on Carolina Caring to comfort, uplift, and care for individuals challenged by advanced illness, readily entrusting their loved ones to our expertise.
We'll work with your schedule.
Mecklenburg CountyHuntersville, NC 28078
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training