17 people are interested
Be a Friend to a Patient in your Community community ~ Iredell County & Mooresville
ORGANIZATION: Carolina Caring
Please visit the new page to apply.
17 people are interested
Patients living in Iredell County & the Mooresville area are in need of volunteers to brighten their day by offering the gift of friendship.
Carolina Caring volunteers put their passions into practice, offering time and talents to soothe the lives of other people during difficult times - and for no other reward than the knowledge that good is being done.
Ways Volunteers can Help - In Person & From your Home - Flexible with your Schedule!
- Provide friendship and companionship to patients and families. Volunteers visit in a patient’s home or facility; wherever they call home. Volunteers read to patients, talk about common interests, keep them company, play board games and provide a comforting presence.
- Support caregivers by offering to stay with patients for short periods of time while the caregiver runs errands or attends appointments.
- Volunteers visit when it is convenient for their schedule and the family’s schedule.
- Volunteers do not provide any hands on care; only friendship to the patient.
- Volunteers do not transport patients, administer medications, or feed patients.
- Mail encouraging cards or make supportive phone calls to patients and/or family members.
- COVID -19 Vaccination required
- Every volunteer receives free and comprehensive training prior to volunteering. Trainings are offered virtually or in Iredell County. The session is designed to give volunteers the information needed to be well-prepared for their role as a volunteer serving our patients and families. Training is provided at no cost to the volunteer.
- All volunteers must complete an application, including 2 personal or professional references, along with a criminal background check.
- Two TB skin tests are required. No cost to the volunteer.
'You matter because you are you; you matter to the last moment of your life; and we will do all we can, not only to help you die peacefully, but also to live until you die.’-- Dame Cicely Saunders, MD
To learn more, contact Sara Waugh at 828-466-0466 ext. 2141 or email@example.com
About Carolina Caring
3975 Robinson Road, Newton, NC 28658, US
To provide world-class, compassionate care by engaging all individuals and their families to enhance living. Volunteers needed in Alexander, Burke, Cabarrus, Caldwell, Catawba, Cleveland, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, McDowell, Mecklenburg & Rowan counties.
Carolina Caring was established as one of North Carolina’s original three hospice providers in 1979, when formalized end-of-life care was in its early stages. We began as a small group of grassroots volunteers who came together to support families in our immediate community.
Through the years, we learned more, grew more, and became a valued resource both locally and regionally. Thanks to our reputation for quality care and compassion, we were invited into neighboring towns and counties, and we accepted the call to help folks throughout the Catawba Valley. Currently, families and medical professionals in 12 counties count on Carolina Caring to comfort, uplift, and care for individuals challenged by advanced illness, readily entrusting their loved ones to our expertise.
Iredell CountyMooresville, NC 28117
June 2, 2022
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Elder care
- Patient Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training