Marketing Program Assistant (Internship)
DONATE TO THIS
8 people are interested
Market Access Program Intern
Start Small Think Big (Start Small) is a not-for-profit organization located in Harlem. Our mission is to help under resourced individuals build and sustain thriving businesses in order to increase their personal financial security and stimulate economic activity in underserved communities in New York City. We believe that entrepreneurship results in increased innovation and sustained economic growth for everyone, in particular, those most traditionally marginalized.
The Market Access Program Intern will work with the Marketing Program Manager to assist our entrepreneurs with marketing and sales business needs. This includes developing resource guides, learning more about sales opportunities in NYC and online, and supporting our communications team with a social media strategy.
Job Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in managing Start Small Think Big social media platforms, including creating and posting content, identifying influencers in the space, and responding to comments and questions received from entrepreneurs.
- Research and develop informative resource guides focused on assisting entrepreneurs in identifying and addressing business challenges and community resources necessary to increase business success.
- Support the Marketing Program Manager in delivering services, via workshops, consultations, and project-based relationships, this includes managing logistics of events, coordinating entrepreneur attendance, and all necessary follow-up calls.
- Assist in developing the evaluation rubrics used by volunteer marketing experts to help entrepreneurs identify weaknesses in their current marketing practices.
- Current undergraduate student with strong interest in writing, social media, and communications, nonprofit program management, or other related disciplines.
- High level of computer proficiency including familiarity with Google Applications, social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and MS Office.
- Knowledge of programs: Buffer and Canva a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusive community/economic development, social and economic justice work, and/or anti-poverty work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management, and interpersonal skills;
- Highly organized, creative and self-motivated; a strong problem-solver and analytical/critical thinker; and
- Experience working in low-income and/or immigrant communities.
TO APPLY: Submit resume to: Eliza Edge, Market Access Program Manager at email@example.com (include subject line: "[your name] Market Access Program Intern."
This position is unpaid, but may be used for course credit where appropriate. Minimum of 20 hours/week at our office. Days are flexible.
Start Small Think Big is an equal opportunity employer with a standing policy of nondiscrimination. This means that all qualified persons are accorded an equal opportunity for employment or promotion without regard to actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibility, personal appearance, genetic information, matriculation, or political affiliation.
8 W 126th Street, 3rd FloorNew York, NY 10027
- Community Outreach
- 10 hours per week