Prime Time School-Based Mentoring
13 people are interested
PrimeTime Mentoring is a rewarding, one hour per week investment in making a difference to an at-risk youth. PrimeTime Mentors spend their time eating lunch while playing games, talking, and doing activities one-on-one with a student.
How to become a PrimeTime Mentor:
- Attend a 2-hour training session at a time of your choosing
- Complete the necessary background check and mentor application during your training session
- Choose which school you would like to mentor
- A Mentor Coordinator will match you with a student to begin meeting with 1 time each week
What Does It Take To Be A PrimeTime Mentor?
Compassion, a sense of humor, patience and a willingness to be a friend to a child!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About COMMUNITIES IN SCHOOLS OF SPOKANE COUNTY
905 W RIVERSIDE AVE STE 301, SPOKANE, WA 99201, US
We are part of the nation's leading drop out prevention organization, working in public schools to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
Communities In Schools site coordinators work with at-risk students, families, and schools, to provide students with the resources they need to stay in school. These include academic support such as tutoring or mentoring, physical and mental health care, basic needs like food and clothing, and hygiene products. We also provide life skills classes, and college and career preparation-all offered right at the school. Our programs include:
- Toothsavers- mobile Dental Hygienist Services providing complete dental cleanings and sealants to youth in the Spokane Public Schools.
- Prime Time Mentoring- weekly school-based mentoring program that matches community members in a one-on-one or group mentoring setting with a student at-risk of academic failure.
- Food Pantries and Clothing Closets-located on site at our many school locations.
- Parent and Family Engagement
- Academic Support and Tutoring
We'll work with your schedule.
Spokane, Spokane Valley, Cheney, Medical LakeSpokane, WA 99201
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One hour per week
- 2 Hour Mentor Training Session