Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We are part of the nation's leading drop out prevention organization, working in public schools to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
Communities In Schools site coordinators work with at-risk students, families, and schools, to provide students with the resources they need to stay in school. These include academic support such as tutoring or mentoring, physical and mental health care, basic needs like food and clothing, and hygiene products. We also provide life skills classes, and college and career preparation-all offered right at the school. Our programs include:
- Toothsavers- mobile Dental Hygienist Services providing complete dental cleanings and sealants to youth in the Spokane Public Schools.
- Prime Time Mentoring- weekly school-based mentoring program that matches community members in a one-on-one or group mentoring setting with a student at-risk of academic failure.
- Food Pantries and Clothing Closets-located on site at our many school locations.
- Parent and Family Engagement
- Academic Support and Tutoring