Volunteer from home! Bake birthday cakes/cupcakes for at-risk youth
26 people are interested
Calling all bakers in Fresno County!
Cake4Kids needs volunteers in your community to bake and deliver homemade birthday cakes for underserved and at-risk children.
We are a 501(c)3 non-profit that has been serving the Bay Area since our founding in 2010 and expanded into Fresno County in 2017. Our mission is to bake and deliver birthday cakes, cupcakes, cookies and brownies for foster children and at-risk youth. We support all sorts of under-privileged children and youth - they might be in group homes, at a domestic violence or human trafficking agency/shelter, in low income housing with or without a parent or even homeless. We aim to raise these children's self-esteem and confidence with this seemingly simple gift on their special day. It may just be a cake, but the children we bake for know somebody took the time and effort to do something special just for them. The children realize they are important and in turn can have an impact on the world.
Volunteering for Cake4Kids is easy and very rewarding:
- No minimum commitments - you choose how often you want to bake for us
- You choose to sign up for a cake request from our online calendar (based on theme, type of dessert requested, delivery date/time and address)
- Bake in your home
- Deliver finished sweets to one of the agencies we serve, located in Fresno
- All deliveries are Monday-Friday during business hours
Our volunteers never meet the children we support, but every cake is custom-made specially for each child with love and makes an impact. To understand the difference one cake can make, take a look at some of the feedback we have received:
"She enjoyed the cake with her case manager and described it as being moist and delicious. Since she hasn't been able to celebrate her birthday in a few years, she was extremely grateful for the cake."
"I just wanted to thank you for making my son's birthday so happy. I wasn't able to give him a party. I'm a domestic violence victim, a single parent of 4. My income is so low that this cake was the best gift ever to him. I made him pancakes as a special breakfast, and then surprised him with the cupcakes. Thank you so much."
Help us to deliver smiles to children - one birthday cake at a time.
Sign up today!
1. Go to http://www.cake4kids.org/volunteer-form to complete a volunteer form
2. Attend a short one-time orientation session
Have questions about volunteering? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (408)752-2538.
We'll work with your schedule.
Your home kitchenFresno, CA 93730
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- You bake as often as you wish
- Have reasonable decorating skills. Must bake and deliver.