Survey and Data Coordinator
Registration and Admissions Manager
POSITIONS REPORTING TO THIS ONE
The Survey and Data Coordinator will work closely with the Registration and Admissions Manager to create and implement the post-Convention survey which gathers data, feedback, and suggestions on attendee Convention experience. They will also work closely with the Executive Director to create the demographics survey for Staff and Board members.
- Define, plan, and conduct qualitative surveys to ensure the convention experience, satisfaction, and areas for improvement of convention attendees, exhibitors, contributors, volunteers, and staff are being clearly understood
- Designs and implements all surveys via platforms such as Survey Monkey and Google Forms
- Collaborates with Executive Director and departmental directors to formulate thoughtful questions for the post-Convention survey as well as the demographics survey for Staff and Board.
- Researches and develops organizational best practices for gathering demographic and recreational information.
- Compiles survey responses for analysis and reporting; Creates infographics and written reports to present results.
- Works with Activities Manager on coordinating and launching the survey at the Convention during GeekGirlCon quest scavenger hunt or other event.
- Provides timely follow-up to survey respondents as needed; expedites information to appropriate staff for event debrief and planning.
- Commitment to work through at least 2 convention cycles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfort with analyzing data and presenting information in concise format.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, set goals, and prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge and experience working with platforms like Survey Monkey and Google Forms; Previous experience administering surveys.
- Experience with creating charts and tables for quick consumption of important data.
- Awareness of current trends and activities in design and geek culture.
- Working knowledge and experience working with our diverse communities, empowerment, diversity and inclusion.
When applying, please provide a resume and a portfolio or link where we can view your work.
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- Minimum commitment to this volunteer position is two Convention cycles
- With the exception of the Executive Director, GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 2-5 hours per week of work, increasing at the Convention 6-8 hours for that weekend, is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Internet Research
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- About 5 hours per week for 2 convention cycles