Are you an inquisitive, outside-the-box thinker? Would you enjoy training and managing a team of eager researchers in all facets of assisting a dynamic news organization?
If so, the up-and-coming, nonprofit news organization WhoWhatWhy may have the ideal opportunity for you to grow professionally, contribute to a greater good and have a lot of fun. We are looking for a research team leader to build a stellar research unit that would help reporters track down sources and fact-check claims; help us evaluate prospective team members and identify prospective donors; conduct archival research and foster a strong Freedom of Information request regimen.
This position is part-time and an unpaid volunteer opportunity, but down the road, as we grow, we can offer possibilities of compensation.
Who We Are
WhoWhatWhy is changing how the public gets informed. We are a true antidote to "fake news," with agenda-free research and bracingly thoughtful analysis. Non-corporate and non-partisan and commercial-free, we are powered entirely by public support and the passionate involvement of people who believe in our mission.
Send us your resume and a detailed and personalized cover letter that shows you have studied our brand and explains why you are qualified for this position. Make clear you understand that this is an unpaid position.
- The ability to manage others and delegate tasks
- Analytical skills and a talent for pattern recognition
- A penchant for hard work and resourcefulness
- Strong knowledge of advanced research strategies, tools and platforms
- Experience with archives and Freedom of Information requests
- Recruit, train and lead a team of qualified researchers
- Help our editorial department research articles, ascertain credibility of sources and fact-check stories, and dig up data
- Conduct background checks on applicants and prospective donors
- Provide research services to all departments and assist colleagues in identifying "best practices"
- Manage archival research and Freedom of Information operations
- Assist in our developing and vetting ideas of all kinds
- Resource Development / Management
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- JFK Assassination Records:...
- Get the Best out of Others:...
- Managing Editor at Media...
- Website User Experience Designer...
- Best Training Ever --...
- JFK ASSASSINATION: RESEARCHER...
- Salesforce Best Practices...
- Salesforce Account Manager
- Volunteer IT Manager Needed at...
- Wikipedia Department Manager -...
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) -...
- Virtual Fundraising Manager
- Showrunner for News and...
- Best Training Ever: Become a...
- Recruiter for Young Activists...
- Historical Whodunit Book Project...
- Fundraising Development Manager
- Editorial Administrative Assistant
- PUBLIC SPEAKING BOOKER