Work remotely with talented peers on a rewarding, nonprofit program as part of the Rare Genomics Institute’s RareShare team. Build and enhance features of the RareShare.org website, an online forum for those interested in rare diseases.
As a RG Volunteer, you will be a part of the organization’s efforts to connect and educate our rare disease communities. You will help continually update and design improvements for the RareShare web-page user experience.
- Design and implement new webpage features and enhanced user interfaces.
- Update webpage content as needed.
- Troubleshoot user help requests as needed.
- Support the RareShare team in accessing user data.
- Attend weekly team conference call meetings and actively work with team members.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should be passionate and have a thorough understanding of user experience design. You will work closely with management to schedule and produce projects from start to completion.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in design and corporate branding desired, with a proven track record showcasing cutting-edge web and mobile interfaces.
- A 5-10 hour commitment each week is required for this position. This opportunity is flexible enough to work around the schedule of a full-time job.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Creative thinker with excellent attention to detail.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with HAML and Elastic Beanstalk.
- Project management and team lead experience.
- Experience scaling production web application.
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Few hours per week
- Electronic Media Specialist
- Web Designer/ Digital Marketing...
- PAT Advocacy Liaison
- Genomics/Machine Learning...
- Rare Disease Therapeutics...
- Medical/Scientific Content...
- Strategic Partnerships Manager
- Business Development Associate...
- Community Engagement Associate
- Project Manager
- Project Manager (Legal)
- Strategic Alliance Associate
- Biotech Start-up Research...
- Corporate Relations Associate
- Human Resources Generalist
- Medical Device Associate
- Communications Associate ...
- Grant Writer
- Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Community Manager