Help Foster/At-Risk Youth and Families-Intern/Volunteer
A Family For Every Child
A Family For Every Child is a non-profit organization in Eugene, Oregon. We have over 10 programs that serve foster and at-risk youth and families in our community as well as foster youth across Oregon and nationwide.
Our Permanency Programs encompass our Mentor, Lifeskills, Waiting Youth Outings, Family Finding, 15th Night, Host Home, and Family Preservation programs. We are in need of energetic, detail-oriented volunteers/interns to work with our Permanency Specialists in each of our programs.
Under the direction of our Permanency Specialists, volunteer/interns responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Assist Permanency Director in administration work
- Maintenance of client files
- Cultivate relationships with resources in the community (donations of food, activities for outings, etc)
-Work with families to arrange activities and transportation
-Cultivate, plan and schedule activities, events and cultivation and maintain a calendar of such
- If applicable, attend the outings
- Locate and secure locations to serve as space for the classes or activities
- Cultivate relationships with possible teachers in the community who will lead classes
- Use designated outreach tools to contact mentors and wider community regarding upcoming events or program news
- Cultivate relationships throughout the community with donors
- Facilitate resources required by mentor/mentee pairs
- Assist Permanency Director in grant reporting.
- Complete a background check as required by the State
- Complete in-office program orientation
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate with diverse populations
- Well organized and able to meet deadlines
- Passion for improving outcomes for youth in the child welfare system
Hours and length of commitment is flexible:
6, 9, 12 + hour per week
3, 6+ months
Our offices are open Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Some positions may involve some limited evening or weekend hours
About A Family For Every Child
1675 W. 11th Ave., Eugene, OR 97402, US
A Family for Every Child is dedicated to finding loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child." Our intention is to develop programs that assist special-needs/challenging-to-place foster children in finding their own Forever Families.
A Family For Every Child, a nonprofit organization, was started by Christy Obie-Barrett and dozens of dedicated and passionate volunteers. In 2006, AFFEC was formed and developed into an organization focused on finding permanent and loving adoptive homes for Oregon's waiting children. We started with our first project called The Heart Gallery in November, 2006, and now we have blossomed into ten incredibly successful programs. None of this could have occurred without the wonderful support from thousands of volunteers, sponsors, in-kind donors, photographers, and many more!