The volunteer handyperson provides services to older homeowners to help them with do-it-yourself tasks that they are no longer able to do themselves.
Services provided will help older homeowners to continue to live in their own home safely.
- Provide general do-it-yourself projects e.g. hanging shelves, changing light bulbs, putting up curtain rods, building furniture kits
- Schedule appointment with senior requesting service.
- Reviewing required paperwork with the older adult.
- Reporting volunteer time.
- Communicating with support staff needs or concerns about senior clients.
- Refer to DARTS for questions and other services.
- Assess situations for safety and draw strict boundaries when requested repairs are not appropriate for the program.
- Janitorial Maintenance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible! We fit to your schedule
- Respite Volunteer for Caregivers
- Independent Living Volunteer...
- Learning Buddies
- Lawn Mowing Volunteer for Seniors
- Spring Clean-up for Seniors...
- Bus Host for Senior Rides
- Home Repairs - Jack (or Jane) of...
- "Snow Angel" - Snow Shoveling...
- Grocery Shopping for Seniors
- Technology Buddy for a Senior