Do you enjoy working with numbers and have good math skills? Are you attentive to details?
Do you enjoy helping people who are busy preparing for training programs? Be part of the support staff for the Learning and Development department.
Accurately track and record Learning and Development’s income and expenses.
- This is for a 0.1 FTE (4 hrs.) volunteer or career staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Record income and expenses
- Print and distribute Navigator reports
- Submit receipts and reimbursement on appropriate forms to Accounting
- Calculate income and expenses from each training session
- Other tasks as assigned
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Experience and Education
- Experience in basic bookkeeping is helpful, but not required
- Interest and aptitude for financial figures
- Basic computer skills
- Good people and team skills
- Self-initiative and ability to work independently
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4 hours/week
- Kitchen Assistant
- Avionics Technician
- IT Project Manager
- IT Support Specialist
- Aviation Parts/Inventory Manager
- Aviation Mechanic
- Mission Team Assistant
- Software Developer - Language
- Partner Relations Representative
- Gift Shop Business Coordinator
- Special Events Coordinator
- Training Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- IT Test Engineer
- Type Designer
- Director of Technology and...
- 4WD and Motorcycle Instructor
- Engagement Project Coordinator
- Housekeeping General Duties Staff