Did you know that fixing and maintaining aircraft has a direct impact on spreading the gospel around the world? Did you know that one of our greatest needs in missionary aviation today is aviation mechanics?
You can be part of the aviation team serving with JAARS, helping to provide safe, reliable, and technically sound aircraft, flying over some of the most inhospitable terrain in the world, delivering God’s Word to people who don’t yet have it.
Ensure aircraft are maintained in an airworthy condition and available for dispatch, meeting the demands of busy mission flight schedules.
- For a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Perform routine scheduled maintenance and inspections
- Respond to unscheduled maintenance needs
- Perform aircraft maintenance in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations
- Comply with JAARS Repair Station maintenance practices and procedures
- Participate in the JAARS continuing maintenance training programs
- Maintain a professional knowledge base of acceptable manufacturers’ practices and procedures
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Takes initiative
- Good troubleshooter
- Relates well to people
Education and Experience
- Holds ICAO / FAA qualifying licenses or certificate(s) to maintain airframes and powerplants appropriate to the country in which certified
- Successful completion of JAARS Evaluation and Orientation programs
- May serve in a dual role as an aviation pilot/mechanic
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 30+ hours
- Kitchen Assistant
- Avionics Technician
- Aviation Hangar Receptionist
- IT Project Manager
- Aviation Parts/Inventory Manager
- Aviation Mechanic
- Mission Teams Assistant
- Software Developer - Language
- Aviation Hangar Bookkeeper
- Partner Relations Representative
- Gift Shop Procurement Coordinator
- Training Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- Type Designer
- Mission Teams Manager
- IT Network Security Engineer
- Tour Ambassador
- 4WD and Motorcycle Instructor