Give the gift of friendship to a patient in your community ~ Burke County
5 people are interested
Patients living in Burke County are in need of volunteers to brighten their day by offering the gift of friendship during a difficult time.
Catawba Regional Hospice volunteers put their passions into practice, offering time and talents to soothe the lives of other people during difficult times - and for no other reward than the knowledge that good is being done.
What does a Hospice volunteer do?
- Provide friendship and companionship to patients and families. Volunteers visit in a patient’s home or facility; wherever they call home. Volunteers read to patients, talk about common interests, keep them company, play board games and provide a comforting presence.
- Volunteers visit when it is convenient for their schedule and the family’s schedule.
- Volunteers do not provide any hands on care; only friendship to the patient.
- Volunteers do not transport patients, administer medications, or feed patients.
- Every volunteer receives free and comprehensive training before visiting with a patient. Trainings are offered in Burke County. The session is designed to give volunteers the information needed to be well-prepared for their role as a volunteer serving our patients and families. Training is provided at no cost to the volunteer.
- All volunteers must complete an application, including 2 personal or professional references, along with a criminal background check.
- Two TB skin tests are required. No cost to the volunteer.
'You matter because you are you; you matter to the last moment of your life; and we will do all we can, not only to help you die peacefully, but also to live until you die.’-- Dame Cicely Saunders, MD
Currently, families and medical professionals in 12 counties count on CRH to comfort, uplift, and care for individuals challenged by advanced illness, readily entrusting their loved ones to our expertise.
We'll work with your schedule.
Burke CountyMorganton, NC 28655
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training