This is a credited internship opportunity for eligible students only.
As the focal point of performing arts activity in South Florida, the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County serves as a showcase for the finest in established and developing performing arts programs. The Center is the foundation on which established resident organizations build their programs and extend their reach. The Center also serves as a laboratory, providing first class accessible facilities for smaller, emerging and developing organizations and for the Center's own innovative productions and events. The Center provides our diverse audiences with opportunities to share South Florida's many cultures, offering insights and understanding. As an educational resource, the Center broadens the horizons of our children and enhances our quality of life by offering a full range of cultural learning experiences.
The Adrienne Arsht Center offers the Programming Intern the opportunity to work with the Programming Team to gain exposure to all aspects of presenting an arts event including, but not limited to logistics, artist hospitality, finance, engagement contracts, arts education, press, marketing, communications, and community as related to the selection and successful presentation of live performances. Candidates should be detail oriented, motivated, able to work on several projects at once, organized, and should have a strong interest in the live arts. The Programming Internship requires some selective evening, weekend, and holiday availability as events occur.
The Programming Internship is divided into two tracks, Artist Services and Programming. Interns will work closely with the Programmers and the Engagement Managers as they relate to Arsht performances.
To follow an arts engagement from start to finish. To gain an understanding of the event process and backstage procedures. To gain knowledge of the resources and procedures of selecting events.
* Attend programming logistics meeting every Tuesday at 10:30AM.
* Assist in all areas including hospitality rider fulfillments, budget compliance, show settlements, and daily show logistics as pertained to the individual shows.
* Assist in advancing shows and events.
* Attend creative programming meeting every Thursday at 11:30AM.
* Assist in all areas including artist research, booking, audition preparation, contracts and insurance as pertain to individual shows and special projects as needed.
* Compile, organize, and archive show/event settlement documents.