Work remotely with talented peers on a rewarding, nonprofit program and do good for your community while using (and developing) your professional skills and expertise. The Rare Genomics Institute (RG) is a nonprofit organization committed to helping rare disease patients find hope for a cure. Our Strategic Alliance Team (SAT) increases RG’s scale, impact, and overall reach by building partnerships with industry, academia, and patient advocates.
The Biotech Start-up Research Analyst/Associate will focus on the SAT’s efforts with partner outreach and development initiatives. Volunteers will also participate in and support rare disease organization and industry mapping as well as information gathering and analysis.
How will you benefit:
- Increase your knowledge of business development, genomics and healthcare companies, Artificial Intelligence (AI)/machine learning and computational biology
- Build relationships with genomics companies and startups
- Perform due diligence on startup and venture-backed companies
What will you do:
- Develop and implement a corporate outreach and development strategy to secure corporate partner support.
- Research and identify a list of prospective corporate and industry partners that have synergies which align with RG’s core mission and vision.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to present RG's vision to potential partners and funders
- Background in either business development, healthcare or life science is highly preferred but not required.
- 5-10 hour commitment each week - required.
- Work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Few hours per week
- Electronic Media Specialist
- Web Designer/ Digital Marketing...
- PAT Advocacy Liaison
- Genomics/Machine Learning...
- Medical/Scientific Content...
- Rare Disease Therapeutics...
- Business Development Associate...
- Strategic Partnerships Manager
- Community Engagement Associate
- Project Manager
- Project Manager (Legal)
- Strategic Alliance Associate
- Corporate Relations Associate
- Human Resources Generalist
- Medical Device Associate
- Communications Associate ...
- Grant Writer
- Talent Acquisition Specialist
- RareShare Web Designer
- Patient Related/Advocacy...