Lifeskills Program Volunteer
1 person is interested
A Family For Every Child is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) child welfare organization. Our mission is to find loving permanent families for all waiting foster children. Based in Eugene, Oregon, A Family For Every Child works nationally to ensure foster care is only a temporary solution for any child, as all children have the right to grow up in a loving, supportive, permanent home.
A Family For Every Child seeks engaged, passionate volunteers to work within the Permanency programs. Volunteers in the Lifeskills program will cooperate in partnership with the Permanency Director and the Permanency Coordinator to plan, organize and help run Lifeskills classes for youth in our mentor program. It will be the responsibility of the volunteer to contact possible instructors for classes focused on life skills, such as meditation, self-defense, or journaling.
- Complete a background check as required by the State.
- Complete in-office program orientation.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate with diverse populations.
- Well organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Experience in event organization/donation cultivation.
- Passion for improving outcomes for youth in the child welfare system.
We'll work with your schedule.
1675 W. 11th AvenueEugene, OR 97402
- Child Welfare
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
- Customer Service
- Must be at least 18
- 6-9+ hours per week minimum.
- 2-3+ days a week.