Adults with intellectual and physical disabilities want to learn the fundamentals of music and how to play different instruments. Volunteer will break down different types of instruments and offer basic lessons on music, such as learning to play an instrument, reading music, writing songs, etc. Volunteers can come any day Mon-Thurs, between the hours of 9-1pm. Ideally this instruction would happen weekly, for 1-2 hours each week. Volunteer must be friendly and comfortable working with a variety of people, and must be able to pass a background check. Volunteer should have a background in music and/or songwriting.
- Wind Instrument
- Keyboard Instrument
- String Instrument
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours weekly, any day Mon-Thurs between 9-1pm
- Music volunteer
- Community "Repair" Site
- Art facilitator
- Teach basic reading skills to a...
- Teach/mentor an individual to...
- Ceramics mentor/teacher
- Music instruction and songwriting
- Attend community outings with...
- Adaptive Chair Yoga for adults...
- Video game design/creation
- Coffee Club Leader
- Teach an Adaptive Rec classe for...
- Facilitate a variety of...