PLEASE NOTE: This is a new program waiting for projects for volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the interest form and we will place your application on hold. We will contact you once we have projects available. All projects will be located within Williamson County. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer station for our volunteers, please contact Ann Marie Garcia at The Arc of Texas. Our anticipated start date will be Spring 2018.
The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of Williamson County is searching for talented individuals ages 55+ who are willing to share their experience and expertise with volunteer projects across Williamson County. Older volunteers have a tremendous amount of knowledge, skill, and experience to contribute to our community through the enriching investment of service.
RSVP is funded by the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) and administered by the Arc of Texas, a nonprofit organization located in Austin, TX. We work to advocate for people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) through engaging and empowering Williamson County community members to interact with and provide services to people who have IDD.
Benefits of becoming an RSVP volunteer:
- FREE volunteer placement
- FLEXIBLE HOURS- Choose when, where, and how often you serve
- Pre-service orientation and regular training to help you feel confident and prepared during your service
- Opportunity to learn and/or share a talent
- Meet new people and build new connections
- A sense of accomplishment, knowing that your contributions are strengthening your local community
- Mileage and/or meal reimbursement while volunteering
- Secondary supplemental accident insurance and personal liability insurance while volunteering
- Volunteer recognition and social events
RSVP members are placed at RSVP Volunteer Stations throughout Williamson County in projects dealing with topics such as: transportation, companionship, financial literacy or housing services, preventing elder abuse, supporting integration, and school- and community-based mentoring for people who have disabilities within the county.
If you are interested in serving with RSVP, please visit us at www.thearcoftexas.org/rsvp
- Special Needs
- Elder care
- Financial Literacy
- Relationship Building
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Choose how often you want to serve