The Arc of Texas + RSVP (Williamson County)
2 people are interested
The Arc of Texas + RSVP is searching for individuals ages 55+ who are eager to share their experience and expertise with members of their community with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (I/DD).
Volunteers can choose how they'd like to provide support:
- Social Companionship & Community Engagement: Volunteer doing what you love, sharing a special skill or a favorite pastime with one of your neighbors with I/DD. Activities can range from a bowling league to teaching a cooking class to grabbing a cup of coffee.
- Life Skills Development: Activities can include teaching a healthy cooking class, leading a curriculum on financial literacy or healthy relationships, and more
- Safe & Healthy Homes: Provide support helping an individual gain or maintain their independence. Everyone's needs are different, activities could include kitchen safety, nutrition, safe organization, etc.
- Transportation Support: Love driving? Give someone a ride to work, or a doctor appointment, or the movies! Sometimes the key to community engagement is just getting to the community.
- Volunteer doing what you love, while helping members of your community develop those same skills themselves
- FLEXIBLE HOURS- Choose when, where, and how often you serve
- Thorough orientation and training
- Meet new people and build new connections
- A sense of accomplishment, knowing that your contributions are strengthening your local community
- Mileage and/or meal reimbursement while volunteering, if needed
- Secondary supplemental accident insurance and personal liability insurance while volunteering
- Volunteer recognition and special events
Learn more and sign-up to volunteer at www.thearcoftexas.org/rsvp!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
Multiple Locations throughout Williamson CountyRound Rock, TX 78665
- Special Needs
- Financial Literacy
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Choose how often you want to serve