Would you consider using your skills and gifts as a pilot to bring life and hope to those who are needy and lost? Are you looking for real purpose as you fly the friendly skies? Opportunities exist both here at home and abroad. Regardless of where you fly, you will be using your skills as a pilot to further God’s kingdom.
Airplanes are used here in the United States to increase mission aviation awareness and train new pilots, while overseas airplanes are used to facilitate Bible translation, provide humanitarian care for local communities, and generate revenue for mission flight subsidies.
As a pilot in command, you are responsible to carry out assigned flights in accordance with JAARS company policy and appropriate civil aviation regulations, ensuring the safety and security of your passengers and cargo.
- For a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Provide our customers with kind, courteous, and efficient transportation service
- Perform all pre-flight, flight, and post-flight duties in accordance with prescribed SOPs
- Maintain compliance with applicable aviation standards and operational procedures
- Participate in the JAARS Aviation flight proficiency and currency pilot programs
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of appropriate flight information systems
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism
- Maintain an attitude of continuous improvement and safety awareness
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager
- Excellent character
- Good situational awareness
Education and Experience
- Commercial pilot license with instrument rating
- Airframe and Powerplant license or ICAO equivalent
- Valid Class II FAA Medical or equivalent
- 500 hours minimum flight time
- High performance and tailwheel aircraft endorsement
- Technical Evaluation and Orientation required
- Multicultural experience helpful
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Public Relations
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 30+ hours per week
- Kitchen Assistant
- Avionics Technician
- IT Project Manager
- IT Support Specialist
- Aviation Parts/Inventory Manager
- Aviation Mechanic
- Mission Team Assistant
- Software Developer - Language
- Partner Relations Representative
- Gift Shop Business Coordinator
- Special Events Coordinator
- Training Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- IT Test Engineer
- Type Designer
- Director of Technology and...
- 4WD and Motorcycle Instructor
- Engagement Project Coordinator
- Housekeeping General Duties Staff