Do you have a love for Aviation and desire to see the next generation become involved in using their aviation skills to support Bible translation in the most remote and difficult locations on earth? You can put that love and interest to work for God’s kingdom!
Are you a good communicator who can inspire, cast vision, and answer practical, down to earth questions? Be part of the Aviation Recruiting team, reaching out to college students and beyond, to fill our needs in countries around the world.
Assist the Aviation Recruitment Coordinator in coordinating the recruitment strategies to meet aviation personnel needs.
- For volunteer or career staff who raise their own financial support
- Must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder to apply
Will assist, facilitate, and act on behalf of the Recruitment Coordinator during their absence, carrying out the following activities
- Research and develop effective recruiting strategies to meet personnel needs
- Develop and maintain a recruitment budget
- Understand current organizational staffing needs, the scope of each position, and process for onboarding staff
- Attend conferences, job fairs, and recruiting events, which includes setting up displays and distributing recruitment materials
- Develop and maintain contacts with schools, alumni groups, and other organizations from which to recruit personnel
- Arrange onsite visits and tours to cast vision and awareness of our work and needs
- Coordinate and maintain communication with potential recruits using an aviation recruiting database
- Interview, screen, and mobilize recruits
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Enjoy people
- Good oral and written communication skills
- A willingness to travel
Education and Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of aviation and the basic missional requirements
- Microsoft Office applications and Google Apps
- Mission field experience, a plus
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 30+ hours per week
- Kitchen Assistant
- Avionics Technician
- IT Project Manager
- IT Support Specialist
- Aviation Parts/Inventory Manager
- Aviation Mechanic
- Mission Team Assistant
- Software Developer - Language
- Partner Relations Representative
- Gift Shop Business Coordinator
- Special Events Coordinator
- Training Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- IT Test Engineer
- Type Designer
- Director of Technology and...
- 4WD and Motorcycle Instructor
- Engagement Project Coordinator
- Housekeeping General Duties Staff