Do you enjoy managing and multitasking? Do you like to bring all the pieces together to create a well-oiled, efficient, and effective machine? Are you one who enjoys supporting a leader to enable successful outcomes?
You can be part of the aviation team serving at JAARS, helping to provide well-qualified personnel and logistical support to our aviation field programs around the world. Pray and consider applying today!
Work closely with the Director of Aviation in managing the daily tasks and duties of the department.
- For a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Help manage the onboarding process of staff, as well as monitor the ongoing health and condition of our workforce team
- Assist with interdepartmental communications and relationships
- Build and maintain good communication within the department
- Lead departmental organizational meetings
- Represent the aviation department on appointed committees
- Manage assigned work projects
- Provide appropriate oversight and management of our aviation facilities
- Act on behalf of the Director in his absence
- Good managerial ability
- Work well with people, including cross-cultural sensitivity
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
Education and Experience
- Associates degree or tertiary schooling desired
- Good computer and Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge of aviation preferred
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
- Executive Admin
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 30+ hours per week
- Kitchen Assistant
- Avionics Technician
- IT Project Manager
- IT Support Specialist
- Aviation Parts/Inventory Manager
- Aviation Mechanic
- Mission Team Assistant
- Software Developer - Language
- Partner Relations Representative
- Gift Shop Business Coordinator
- Special Events Coordinator
- Training Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- IT Test Engineer
- Type Designer
- Director of Technology and...
- 4WD and Motorcycle Instructor
- Engagement Project Coordinator
- Housekeeping General Duties Staff