A Family For Every Child is a nonprofit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child.
A specialist is needed who is well versed in social media for organizations to use social media as a tool to grow our organization. This individual will search the internet for relevant content for our Facebook page and Twitter. The volunteer/intern will also research and implement other social media tools for the purpose of outreach for our organization. Family finding is an intensive relative search model with the goal of achieving permanency and supportive family connections for children in foster care.
Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor, the volunteer/intern will:
- Participate in training.
- Work independently at home on a home computer with an internet connection on assigned projects.
- Communicate results to the Program Supervisor in an organized manner.
- Create and maintain a volunteer blog.
- Educate our family finding volunteers and contacts with updated, relevant content.
- Generate content related to family finding for the organization’s social media sites, including Facebook and Twitter.
- People Skills
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6-9+ hours per week.
- 3-6 month commitment minimum.
- Fundraising Event Planner
- Matching Assistance Program...
- IT Work--Great for High School...
- Adoption Worker Assistant
- Graphic Design Specialist
- Family Finding Volunteer
- Data Entry Specialist
- Hero For a Day Event Planner
- WordPress Volunteers Needed!...
- Princess Event Planner
- Development Funding
- Research Sibling Specialty
- Agency Marketing Specialist
- Appreciation Card Creator
- FAMILY SCHOLARSHIP COORDINATOR
- SEO Volunteer Needed
- Media Marketing
- Family Adoption Specialist
- FAMILY RESOURCE COORDINATOR
- Princess Event Developer