Overview: Volunteer assists an older homeowner by mowing their lawn for an entire mowing season. Season usually begins in May and ends in October. Lawn mower provided by DARTS or homeowner.
Service Impact: The DARTS lawn mowing volunteer plays a crucial part in helping older adults remain independent in their own homes by providing a service that is either difficult or impossible for them to manage on their own. Keeping their lawns looking neat allows the older homeowners to maintain a feeling of pride in their property and helps them remain a vital part of their neighborhood.
- Mow the lawn once a week or once every other week depending on the needs of the older homeowner
- Greet the homeowner at the door each time the service is provided
- Follow DARTS safety rules and volunteer guidelines
- Report volunteer hours each time by calling 651-234-2287.
- Notify Volunteer Resources if unable to mow as scheduled
- Elder care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hr per week