Work remotely with talented peers on a rewarding, nonprofit program as part of the Rare Genomics Institute’s RareShare team. Create and disseminate electronic informational content on rare diseases. Help those with an interest in rare disorders connect with each other through RareShare communities and social media. Produce podcasts, videos, e-mailed newsletter articles and posts for social media sites.
As a RG Volunteer, you will be a part of the organization’s scientific educational efforts that seeks to work with disease experts and communicate up to date content to our patient-oriented audiences. You will help the team find scientific experts, transcribe and conduct interviews, conduct disease-specific background research, assist with the production of podcast, videos and other electronic media.
- Conduct literature reviews through available resources.
- Conduct research for experts and correspondents to support disease related content.
- Fact-check scientific information as needed.
- Plan and produce electronic informational content such as podcasts and videos for RareShare.
- Write social media posts and help oversee RareShare social media sites.
- Monitor downloads of produced content and activity on social media sites.
- Attend weekly team conference call meetings and actively work with team members.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with an interest in biomedicine and electronic media.
- Ability to work independently to source information and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Few hours per week
- Electronic Media Specialist
- Web Designer/ Digital Marketing...
- Security Analyst
- PAT Advocacy Liaison
- RG Patient Research Services...
- Content Development Intern
- Genomics/Machine Learning...
- Project Manager - RareShare
- Medical/Scientific Content...
- Rare Disease Therapeutics...
- Business Development Associate...
- Strategic Partnerships Manager
- Community Engagement Associate
- Project Manager
- Corporate Relations Associate
- Medical Device Associate
- Communications Associate ...
- Grant Writer
- Patient Related/Advocacy...