Work remotely with talented peers on a rewarding, nonprofit program as part of Rare Genomics Institute’s RareShare team. Research, organize, produce and review written disease-specific informational content for RareShare’s online communities and newsletters. Learn about the symptoms, scientific basis, therapies and coping strategies for many rare diseases and help disseminate this information to those who need it.
As a RG Volunteer, you will be a part of the organization’s scientific educational efforts that seeks to work with the scientific community, disease experts and disease-specific organizations to obtain accurate, up to date information that can be shared with our patient-oriented audiences. You will produce written content for RareShare web-based community pages and e-mailed newsletter.
- The Medical/Science Content Developer works with the scientific team to prepare informational content, expand the organization’s scientific competencies and validates content for accuracy.
- Attend weekly conference call meetings and work with the team to plan specific project activities.
- Enlist and manage other volunteers such as student interns who can assist in the research and content preparation work.
- Support the overall efforts of the Rare Genomics Institute and its RareShare team.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in life sciences or biomedical field.
- Ability to interpret, critically assess and validate the accuracy of complex rare disease information.
- Strong writing, editing, reviewing and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills in writing, data analysis and presentation software.
- 5-10 hour commitment each week.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals.
- Ability to organize, engage, lead and mentor others.
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Few hours per week
- Electronic Media Specialist
- Web Designer/ Digital Marketing...
- Security Analyst
- PAT Advocacy Liaison
- RG Patient Research Services...
- Content Development Intern
- Genomics/Machine Learning...
- Project Manager - RareShare
- Medical/Scientific Content...
- Rare Disease Therapeutics...
- Business Development Associate...
- Strategic Partnerships Manager
- Community Engagement Associate
- Project Manager
- Corporate Relations Associate
- Medical Device Associate
- Communications Associate ...
- Grant Writer
- Patient Related/Advocacy...