PLEASE READ IN ENTIRETY AND RESPOND WITH THE POSITION(S) YOU'RE MOST INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE ABOUT.
Special Olympics Florida is recruiting for a variety of Volunteer Leadership Team positions in the Central Florida area!
- be available between 3 to 10 hours a week
- able to work independently and without supervision
- able to communicate effectively with Special Olympics Florida staff
- available for virtual monthly meetings
[Casual] interviews will be held either by phone or in-person. Orientation and training is provided by Special Olympics Florida.
What is Polar Plunge?
Polar Plunge is an annual fundraising drive for those brrrr-ave enough to take the challenge! Participants ‒ or "plungers" ‒ raise funds to get wild and plunge into chilly water at three different locations across Florida.
It’s the coolest event in FL ‒ literally ‒ and it’s all for an amazing cause! All proceeds help Special Olympics Florida provide year-round training and services for 44,000 athletes with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Fundraise, create a costume, laugh, cheer, and PLUNGE with a community that shares your passion to help individuals with intellectual disabilities thrive and excel.Volunteer Leadership Team [VLT] positions:
We have a variety of opportunities available including, but not limited to the following.Event Lead
- Serves as the face of SOF Polar Plunge. Leads and manages VLT. Plunger Lead
- Drives the recruitment and engagement effort Experience Lead
- Leads the way in logistical event planning and marketing endeavors Fund the Mission Lead
- Drives the fundraising and mission opportunities Recruitment Lead
- Networks, recruits, and engages potential new Plungers. Brainstorms new ways for our VLT to build new relationships County Director Liaison
- Serves as a point of contact for County Directors in need of event-specific information Athlete Liaison
- Serves as a point of contact for Athletes in need of event-specific information. Attends local sporting events as face of Polar Plunge Registration Lead
- Drives the registration process by reaching out to previous Plungers. Drafts invitations and emails, Assists with reconciling previous Plunger data. Marketing Liaison
- Brainstorms new Marketing opportunities [billboards, signage, community calendars] Logistics Lead
- Creates event timelines, reserves entertainment and activities. Online & Social Communications
- Assists with drafting email and social media content. Partners with VLT members for photos and spotlight post ideas. Mission Lead
- Partners with VLTs counter-parts to ensure that we are remaining connected to our Mission in all messaging and events Incentive Lead
- Oversees the Incentive process for all challenges and event fundraising. Fundraising Lead
- Partners with VLT counter-parts to keep fundraising ideas at the forefront of our endeavors. Assists new teams with goal setting, planning, and execution of fundraising activities. Sponsorship Lead
- Secure financial, in-kind, and mission support from new and returning event sponsors and to ensure that all sponsors are appropriately recognized and thanked for their support.