GARDENER - TACOMA OR ORTING - VOLUNTEERS OVER 55+
1 person is interested
Do you enjoy gardening and have four hours a week to help others? I have a busy food bank that is looking for someone tohelp in their garden.
GARDENER - Experience with gardening preferred.
- Ensure the garden is adequately watered
- Fertilize soil as necessary
- Weed and prune garden areas
- Ensure proper storage of garden equipment
- Experience with gardening preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently or with a team
- Ability to lift and carry 15-20 pounds
This position requires some light to moderate physical activity. Comfortable and durable clothing is recommended.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE RETIRED AND SENIOR VOLUNTEER PROGRAM (RSVP) 55 +
Are you 55 years of age or older? Would you like to make an impact and improve your community? Then you are a perfect candidate for the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)!
As an RSVP volunteer, you are strengthening the positive impact people 55 and older have in our communities. You will also meet nice people, have fun and feel good about your contribution. Your family will be proud of you and others will respect and admire you as a role model. Our focus is to incorporate meaningful volunteer opportunities that provide purpose and a way to give back to the community.
RSVP is sponsored by Lutheran Community Services Northwest, a private, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of the people it serves.
INTERESTED or have questions? Please email or call and we will mail or email an RSVP application for you to complete.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- at least four hours each week
- must be able to lift 15-20 lbs, excellent interpersonal skills, work independently or as a team