Social Media for Arts-Based Org Serving Homeless Artists
WhenSat Mar 10, 2018 - Sun Jun 10, 2018
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
Through social media we hope to increase public awareness of our activities in response to issues affecting the community and create relationships with related organizations for collaborative opportunities and program referrals.
Position responsibilities will be:
- Scheduling posts & updating facebook (@arthealssandiego) and insta (@heal.sd)
- Uploading photos of HEAL programs and events
- Finding, following related organizations and pages of related issues
- Finding and sharing inspirational quotes
- Sharing news articles and features
- Posting monthly calendar of events
HEAL is a 501c3 Public Benefit Charity that provides unique opportunities for creative self-expression and personal growth for individuals experiencing homelessness in San Diego. We believe in nurturing creativity to promote change and recovery. Our Mobile Art Studio travels into several homeless communities to provide supplies and encourage expression in a judgement-free environment. Showing and selling the artwork is an inspiring and empowering experience for many of the artists, as well as an opportunity to earn an income.
We ask that you would commit to 3 months to this position, volunteering 2 hours per week.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Visual Arts
- Graphic Design / Print
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2-3 hours per week for 3 months