Foodie 5K is a fun walk/run with a post-race festival that includes gourmet food trucks, entertainment, and a kids’ zone. Foodie 5K would not be possible without the help of our volunteers! Foodie 5K volunteers will be directing traffic, working registration, distributing water to participants, guiding and cheering on participants on the course, and much more! Northern IL Food Bank is holding our annual Foodie 5K on three different dates at three unique locations:
- April 7 th at Cantigny Park in Wheaton, IL
- May 12 th at Independence Grove in Libertyville, IL
- September 15 th at Lewis University in Romeoville, IL
Register to be one of the many volunteers who make the Foodie 5K a memorable experience. Whether it be helping with registration, directing traffic, set-up/tear-down or cheering on the participants, we’ve got a job for you! All ages and groups are welcome. Specific shift duties will depend on which shift you sign up for.
All volunteers must be willing to work outside (rain or shine). Volunteer assignment may include physical activity. Volunteers must register at http://nifb.convio.net/site/PageServer?pagename=reus_foodie_5K_volunteer
Volunteers 15 years and younger will need to register with an adult. For groups of youth volunteers, we will need at least one adult for every four youth.
- Cantigny Park - 1S151 Winfield Road, Wheaton, IL 60189
- Independence Grove - 16400 W. Buckley Road, Libertyville, IL 60048
- Lewis University - One University Parkway, Romeoville, IL 60446
The volunteer must commit to an entire shift, which are typically 3-5 hours long. Various shifts available between 6:00 AM and 12:00 PM.
Specific Days or Date(s)
- Cantigny Park - April 7 th, 2018
- Independence Grove - May 12 th, 2018
- Lewis University - September 15 th, 2018
Volunteers will receive a brief orientation at the beginning of their shift.
Supervised BySpecial Events Coordinator
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 12
- 3-5 hours
- Able to work outside