Organization: Maple Grove Arts Center
Role Type: 3 - 5+ hours per week Commitment
Reporting to: Volunteer Coordinator
The Maple Grove Arts Center is a 501c3 nonprofit arts center. Their mission is: To provide fine art, musical and theatrical exploration and appreciation opportunities.
The arts center’s vision: To become highly visible, vibrant, financially stable organization, offering quality art, education and art appreciation with extensive community participation, outreach and patron involvement.
We are looking for volunteers who can give a minimum of three hours a week to facilitate the opening of our space on a regular basis. It is our aim to have our space open from 11am - 5pm Mondays to Saturdays, and have help with Opening Evenings of our shows.
Tasks and Responsibilities include:
- Opening and/or closing the space in Maple Grove
- Greeting visitors and making them feel welcome in our space
- Taking money for sales of items, recording of such transactions for treasurer, training will be given.
- General cleaning of surfaces and bathrooms, all equipment is provided
- Helping at our Opening Nights, directing guests to food and beverages etc
- Giving out leaflets about classes and general information sharing about Center to guests.
- Photocopying of documents as required
- Ad-hoc duties as asked
- Program Management
- Exhibition Arts
- Administrative Support
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- minimum 3 hours per week (one shift)
- Love art, flexible with a can-do attitude!