CHI Franciscan Hospice and Palliative Care works together as a team of professionals and volunteers to discover and meet the unique needs of hospice patients and their families, providing them with both practical and emotional support. Whether it's a private home, skilled nursing facility, adult family home, or the Franciscan Hospice House, we meet our patients where they are to offer both comfort and companionship.
Qualified Volunteers Must:
· Be 16 years of age and older
· Pass criminal background and character reference
· Provide copy of current driver’s license, car insurance, and record of flu shot
· Be available to volunteer up to 4 hrs a week for one year
· Have the ability to listen with empathy and without judgement
· Have respect for all people no matter their creed, culture, gender or lifestyle
· Maintain confidentiality
· Complete the screening, training, reporting, and ongoing education required of all volunteers
· Complete a 2-step tuberculosis skin test
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to join our community of compassionate volunteers, please contact the Pierce County Volunteer Coordinator via email at email@example.com or call at 253-538-4649.
Or complete the application on the Franciscan Hospice & Palliative Care website: www.chifranciscan.org
Look for Hospice and Palliative care under "Our Servcies" and click on "become a volunteer"
2901 Bridgeport Way W, University Place, WA 98466, US
To affirm life. To ask people how they want to live their final days. To provide quality Hospice services in a timely manner to all who qualify regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic background or ability to pay. To enhance the care of all dying in the community by education and example.
Franciscan Hospice exists in the hope and belief that through appropriate care, and promotion of a caring community sensitive to their needs, patients and their families may be free to attain a degree of mental and spiritual preparation for death that is satisfactory to them.
Health & Medicine
We'll work with your schedule.
Franciscan Hospice & Palliative Care Pierce CountyPuyallup, WA98373