- Senior Scholars Classroom Assistant Needed
A Volunteer Classroom Assistant is needed to assist in an Adult Basic Education classroom one (1) morning per week, from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon. This class meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but the assistant will only be needed on Thursdays.
- The volunteer will work with and under the direction of the classroom teacher.
- We are seeking a dependable, reliable candidate who can work one-on-one with individual students or with a small group. This course focuses on basic reading, language, and math.
- Experience in working with older adults, ages 65 up, is a plus.
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- This is ongoing.
- The volunteer must be committed to working Thursday mornings, excluding holidays.