Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Adult Literacy Advocates of Greater Baton Rouge provides a variety of educational programs to help adults in the community achieve personal, work and family goals by improving their literacy skills.
Volunteers are the heart of non-profit community services and ALA is no different. Without our team of trained tutors and event volunteers, ALA would not be able to execute our mission.
Here are a few of the ways that volunteers serve ALA.
- Work individually with students in areas such as basic literacy, GED preparation, and English as a Second Language
- Instruct small groups of students at our daily and nightly classes
- Serve as mentors and cheerleaders to our students
- Help in areas such as computer instruction, homework, lesson planning, etc.
Event Volunteers can:
- Help us to plan and execute fundraising events for the organization
- Staff fundraisers such as our Annual Scrabble Challenge, Links for Literacy golf tournament, Author events, and others
- Help us write letters and identify funding sources such as grants
- Help us with administrative activities
Contact us today to discuss which activities might appeal to you.
- Jan Manning
- Need admin access?