To ensure you receive a response for your application and continue receiving our emails for further communication, please add ''firstname.lastname@example.org" to your address book or safe list.
- This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity and Project leaders are expected to put in a minimum of 8 hours a week and be responsive to emails within 36 hours.
- Project Leaders must be willing to attend to weekly/bi-weekly meetings as and when required.
Do you know what harmful contaminants are in your water? How it gets there? What effect it has on your families and environment? Save the Water(tm) (STW(tm)) is the one looking for answers.
STW(tm) is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water; and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts. STW(tm) also offers educational programs to excite young minds about water science.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW(tm) because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long term solutions to water contamination problem. Our vision is "Contamination free, healthy water for all"
To learn more about Save the Water(tm), please visit www.savethewater.org
STW(tm) Project Leader must have an understanding of the value and role that water plays in the quality of life of all living things on the planet.
STW(tm) is looking for Education: Project Leader - DILOS & STEM Coordinator who supports the Education Group by managing a team of volunteers in the area of DILOS coordination by designing, coordinating, and implementing DILOS(tm) events alongside our President, Frank Ramos and our Research Laboratory scientists.
Volunteering with STW(tm) is different from other volunteer experiences as we work in a almost 100% online environment. Save The Water(tm) is run like a business and we rely heavily on frequent email communications, meetings held via google hangouts, and collaboration on projects via google drive. Volunteers are held to high standards and deliverable due dates.
- Manage on average 4-6 volunteers within the DILOS(tm) and STEM School Coordination team, holding them accountable for their work.
- Plan and conduct monthly talent management team meeting, including sending agenda, taking meeting minutes, and follow up.
- Coordinate the purchase or donation and deployment of materials and supplies required for the field trip (T-shirts, hats, banners, other printed materials, lunch, etc.).
- Coordinate and design presentations on water contamination and research in local schools. Topics including, but not limited to:
- Exploring science with children
- Universal design in science education
- Water pollution hotspots
- Water use and conservation
- Life in a drop of water
- Coordinate transportation for staff, equipment and participants.
- Contract staff (from within STW(tm) if possible) to support on the field trip day (photographer, videographer, setup help).
- Help identify and contact possible sponsors for the program and assist with fundraising initiatives.
- More about DILOS(tm)
- DILOS(tm) consists of a field trip that instructs and excites young scientists. During the trip, the students are given a presentation on: the water cycle, the scientific method, and facts about water contamination. During the outing to a wetland, river, or a lake, students collect and analyze water samples and engage in applied science.
- Provide monthly report of your team’s progress to the President and Vice President.
- Attend monthly Educationmeeting.
- Keep PWR minimum on a weekly basis
- Complete the PWR audit for the Associate Level each month
- Report to Associate Director for the given project team
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously. Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public. Must demonstrate effective oral communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
- Must live in South Florida. Other areas of the country can also be covered with a Project Leader with chemistry or science background. Training will be provided on tests performed, use of a microscope and presentation materials.
- At least 3 years or more full time paid corporate/non - profit work experience
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com (c) 2018.
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 8 hours per week
- be responsive to emails within 36 hours
- Marketing Associate: Partnerships
- Marketing Associate: Email...
- Marketing Associate: Supporter...
- Technology Associate: Web...
- Marketing Associate Director:...
- Marketing Associate: Branding
- Fundraising Associate: Grants...
- Fundraising Associate Director...
- Marketing Project Leader:...
- Social Media Project Leader:...
- Marketing Project Leader: Branding
- Fundraising Project Leader:...
- Publishing Associate: Researcher...
- Marketing Project Leader:...
- Education Project Leader: Editor...
- Social Media Associate: Design
- Fundraising Project Leader...
- Social Media Associate Director:...
- Education Project Leader: DILOS...
- Research & Engineering Lab...