This position is responsible for assisting the Museum Programs Team with daily logistical functions necessary to run the Museum’s full programming line-up. This may include completing a variety of administrative duties to support the Museum Programs department, assisting with scheduling, taking inventory and ordering supplies, collecting and calculating program data, assisting with program-related communications, coordinating logistics for special programs and activities and special projects to improve department processes. 1-2 interns needed.
Major Job Accountabilities
This is an estimate of the duties to be included in this internship. The exact duties and projects will be determined by mutual agreement of the intern and museum staff. All duties will be carried out with the direction and supervision of Museum Experience staff.
- Administrative tasks such as: plan and prepare for new Museum, routine and special programs, complete special projects as assigned. Pre-screen staff & intern applicants and assist with selection process and initial training.
- Document regular and special programs weekly and as needed through photos and video, maintain electronic photo/video files, create monthly slideshows with program highlights.
- As needed, assist with daily program set up and clean up. Fill in as a program facilitator on the Museum floor for short periods of time. Assist where needed on the Museum floor on high-traffic busy days.
- Act as event lead during special programs and host for external event partners. Meet, greet and assist program guests (performers, volunteers, etc), assist with set up and clean up, including sound system set up as needed. Provide training for event volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Some post-secondary education in a related field
- Ability to organize time and work independently, follow directions and complete tasks in an effective manner.
- Skill in coordinating tasks and projects.
- Computer skills, including word processing. Experience with Microsoft Excel a plus.
- Ability to work well with people. Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Preferable skills/experience: experience working in an administrative role, customer service, volunteer experience, leadership roles, experience working/volunteering in family-oriented environments (interacting with adults and children together), previous event coordination, and/or previous experience working with children.
- Intern orientation
- Museum background and philosophy
- Play Training (Museum educational roots and visitor interaction skills)
- Assignment Specific Training
- Optional free trainings: Wakanheza
Applications accepted until the position is filled. 1-2 interns needed. Submit cover letter, resume, and online application at https://mcm.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/4dcb0fc3-abb9-0bac-ae46-93fa9f6ef30b/apply?source=696242-CS-23506
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Group Facilitation
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 100 hours
- 10-12 per week
- Summer Marketing Video Intern
- Summer Alumni Relations Intern
- Summer Recruitment & Onboarding...
- Summer Museum Educator Intern -...
- Summer Membership & Event...
- Summer Integrated Communications...
- Play Docent
- Summer Museum Experience...
- Studio Assistant - Creative...
- Volunteer to Play!
- Summer Exhibit Fabrication Intern
- Summer Family Learning Intern
- Summer Digital Media Intern
- Summer Museum Educator Intern -...
- Summer Youth Development Intern
- Research Volunteer Pool
- Summer Costume Design& Props...
- Helping Hand Volunteer
- Summer Traveling Exhibit...