ChickTech Phoenix is looking for a participant engagement lead for our High School program. Interested in empowering high-school aged girls interested in STEM careers? Then this opportunity is for you: you'd focus first on recruiting girls from local high schools to our high school program through a nomination method. This will include acting as a liaison to the local schools, attending events to recruit, email marketing, and managing the recruitment pipeline into the ChickTech Phoenix HS mentoring program.
Once the program cohort kicks off in November, you'll lead the effort (with the help of the leadership team) to organize monthly STEM workshops events for the girls. With this, you'll be the main contact for the HS cohort, reminding them to sign up and attend events, encouraging them, and connecting with them.
Experience with youth programs and/or education, including the patience that comes along with working with HS-aged youth
Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
The ability to work in a collaborative style and move others to action by planning, motivating and organizing work tasks
Excellent interpersonal skills that establish and maintain credibility and relationships
High School Teacher or experience with connections in the education field.
- Attend bi-weekly calls and/or respond to emails
- Attend high school kick-off event
- Commit to volunteering for one year
If this sounds like you, please reach out to us! You'll have the opportunity to work with the ChickTech Phoenix leadership team on the high school program, our programs for women in tech, and the opportunity to directly make a difference in the lives of Phoenix high school girls interested in STEM careers. Help us empower the next generation of WIT!
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 3-5 hours a week + monthly events + 2 day kickoff
- Commitment for 1 year
- ChickTech Volunteer Coordinator
- Finance Director - Orange County
- High School Program Director
- High School Communications...
- High School Workshop Lead...
- High School Program Coordinator...
- ChickTech High School...
- Career Development Volunteer,...
- Volunteer Manager
- ChickTech Workshop Manager
- Volunteer Coordinator, Chicktech...
- Social Media Administrator,...
- ChickTech Bay Area - Design Team...
- Graphic Design/Photography...
- Marketing Co-Director - Orange...
- Fundraising Coordinator,...
- ACT-W Website Manager
- ACT-W Bay Area Conference...
- High School Community Engagement...
- ChickTech Event Manager