The Health Information Systems (HIS) Unit provides software and hardware support to the Health and Mental Health Services (HMHS) Department of the Los Angeles LGBT Center. Currently, HIS administrates and supports all health information systems including the Electronic Health Record (EHR), Pharmacy Management Software, and all supporting/ancillary software applications to support the mission of HMHS.
The HIS Helpdesk Support Level I is responsible for performing a variety of support activities including but not limited to the remediation of application issues, the installation of software, password resets, unlocking accounts and basic hardware troubleshooting. The intern will both resolve tickets in an incident management system and work on various projects and deployment as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide application support for users of HMHS;
- Will solve problems of moderate complexity without help, as well as discern when to escalate issues to next level support and/or management;
- Ability to troubleshoot printers and copier interfaces;
- Track and resolve incidents and requests in an incident management system;
- Perform a variety of support activities including inventory, install PCs and MAC systems, handle backup tapes and coordination with outside technology vendors;
- Troubleshoot and resolve technology incidents and requests via a ticket queue;
- Provide regular status updates to users during extended troubleshooting efforts;
- Provide telephone, email and walk-up support as needed and log those interaction as tickets;
- Collaborate with internal technology teams for urgent and complex issues;
- Be knowledgeable about and apply company policies to customer requests;
- Other duties as assigned.
- IT Help Desk
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 3-6 Month Commitment