Are you interested in meeting interesting, successful people and turning them into donors?
If so, the up-and-coming, nonprofit news organization WhoWhatWhy may have the ideal opportunity for you to grow professionally, contribute to the greater good and have fun.
As an ambassador, you will help drive our fundraising effort by interacting with prospects, brainstorming pitches and convincing them to support our cause.
This position is part-time and pro bono, but down the road, as we grow, we can offer possibilities of compensation.
WhoWhatWhy is changing public awareness. We are a credible solution to the raging debate over whether news is "fake" or not," with agenda-free research and bracingly fresh analysis. Non-corporate, non-partisan and commercial-free, we are powered entirely by public support and the passionate involvement of people who believe in our mission.
If you’re able to commit a minimum of five hours a week and wish to be part of this exciting effort, we want to hear from you. Send us your resume and a customized cover letter that shows you have studied our brand, explains why you are qualified for this position and confirms that you understand the fundamentally voluntary aspect.
- A strategic mind geared toward cultivating long-term donor relationships
- A proactive personality that goes above and beyond
- Solid communication skills
- A strong grasp of the news environment and ability to discuss current events thoughtfully
- An extensive social network among potential donors would be helpful
- Proactively network with and communicate our mission to donor prospects
- Review donor files regularly to enrich and personalize conversations
- Coordinate with team members to develop compelling pitches
- Become knowledgeable about the nonprofit and fundraising arenas
- Interact with successful, thoughtful, interesting people
- Experience working with our database, which is on the Salesforce app, an increasingly recognized platform by employers of all kinds.
- Sales Process
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- JFK Assassination Records:...
- Get the Best out of Others:...
- Managing Editor at Media...
- Website User Experience Designer...
- Best Training Ever --...
- JFK ASSASSINATION: RESEARCHER...
- Marketing Campaign Strategist
- Salesforce Best Practices...
- Salesforce Account Manager
- Volunteer IT Manager Needed at...
- Wikipedia Department Manager -...
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) -...
- Volunteer Assigning Editor
- Virtual Fundraising Manager
- Showrunner for News and...
- Assistant Editorial Image Editor
- Historical Whodunit Book Project...
- Fundraising Development Manager
- Editorial Administrative Assistant