Alzheimer's Association Speaker's Bureau Member
3 people are interested
As a volunteer educator and a member of the Alzheimer's Association Speaker's Bureau, this role actively engages the community in knowing about the warning signs of Alzheimer's, educates on Healthy Living, teaches communication skills for families and loved ones caring for a dementia diagnosed individual, and much more!
We provide all tools and training materials for you to be confident in your ability to pass along this information to your audience. Education workshops can be hosted throughout the Southern Nevada region as well as in rural areas like Mesquite, Laughlin, and Pahrump.
Primary Skills Requested:
- Enjoy working with the community at large
- Enjoy public speaking
- Know how to use Powerpoint and AV equipment (laptop, projector, speakers, flash drive, etc.)
- Passion for educating and raising awareness about Alzheimer's Disease
- Commitment to volunteer opportunity
- Bilingual a PLUS
- Perfect your public speaking ability and technique.
- Serve your local community and people you care about.
- Increase your knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- Be recognized in your community as a leader and resource for Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Build your resume and skill set.
- Perfect your community engagement technique and help mobilize your community to create a world without Alzheimer’s.
- Join a network of other volunteers, Alzheimer's Association staff and professionals and caregivers in the aging field.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Teaching / Instruction
- General Education
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training