The Salvation Army of St. Petersburg
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where340 14th Avenue SouthSaint Petersburg, FL 33701
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human need in His name without discrimination.
Volunteers are needed at our foster care emergency group home and foster care homes to assist children with homework, help staff with cleaning, accompany the staff and children on outings and organize fun activities for the children.
One-Stop Resource and Outreach Center
Help with programs and services targeting the prevention of new homelessness and increase services available to all. The One-Stop needs volunteers to help with computer training, job searches, resume writing and interview coaching. Open 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Emergency Disaster Services
Response and recovery services include, but are not limited to: mobile feeding, congregate feeding, distribution centers, spiritual counseling and financial assistance. Needs are in national and international locations. Local volunteers are needed to respond to multiple alarm fires to provide assistance to city and county responders and to assist with local disaster recovery.
To learn more or to register as a disaster volunteer please visist: http://disaster.salvationarmyusa.org/
Red Shield Lodge Homeless Center / Community Kitchen
The Salvation Army Red Shield Lodge serves men, women and children in a 110 bed emergency shelter. Each day The Salvation Army serves nearly more than 200 meals a day to individuals and families in need of lunch and dinner.
Volunteer to organize, sort and fill grocery bags for individuals and families in need of food assistance. Volunteers needed: 9am to 12pm - Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Help prepare, serve and clean-up while sharing a smile with individuals and families in the community dining room. Volunteers needed: Lunch 9am - 1pm; Dinner 2pm - 6pm; 7 days a week
Help serve coffee and snack while providing encouragement to homeless and at-risk individuals. Volunteers needed: 9am to 12pm - Monday - Friday.
- Adult Toiletry Kits: soap, lotion, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, comb, brush, hair accessories, feminine hygiene products, manicure set, deodorant, disposable razors.
- Laundry detergent and cleaning supplies.
- Children and infants: disposable diapers, pull-ups, bottles, pacifier, baby food and formula.
- General supplies: sheets, blankets, pillows, towels, washcloths, school supplies.
- Food: Non-perishable food items - canned vegetables, fruit and meat, peanut butter, mac n cheese, etc..
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- YMCA Reads!
- Alpha House of Pinellas County
- Celebrate Outreach
- Lunch Pals Program
- Youth and Family Alternatives
- Supportive Services for Veteran...
- Bay Pines VA Healthcare System
- Connections Job Development...
- New Port Richey Va Clinic
- The Salvation Army of St....
- St. Petersburg Free Clinic
- Boley Centers, Inc.
- Homeless Empowerment Project
- Veterans Alternative
- Sunshine Senior Center
- Empath Health / Suncoast PACE
- Mease Dunedin Hospital
- Florida Dream Center
- Feeding Tampa Bay
- Mease Countryside Hospital