At Compassus of Springfield, our mission is serving terminally ill patients and their families with compassion, integrity & excellence. We are committed to offering the greatest possible comfort for those experiencing one of life’s most intimate and challenging moments.
BENEFITS OF BEING A VOLUNTEER
Being a hospice volunteer is not easy, but you'll enjoy lifelong rewards. The connects you make will enrich your life and all of those you touch through your service. Your kindness and hard work bring solace to patients while cultivating purpose and value in your own life.
Our volunteers say they learn and grow in the following ways.
- Greater self-knowledge from insights gained from relationships with patients, their families and from the hospice volunteer training.
- Spiritual growth from supporting a person through the final days while increasing the awareness of their own sense of spiritual values.
Forming close bonds with patients and family members:
- Patients often want someone to listen in an unbiased way as they share their feelings and their life story.
- Family members need support, even if it's just a listening ear, as they comfort their loved ones.
- Improving communication within families by encouraging them to connect, share their feeling and talk honestly.
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Reading Comprehension
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- You are in charge of how many hours you volunteer.
- TB Shot must be up to date & we provide this at no cost to you.