Want to make a difference in the busiest section of the new library? Do you like kids and can help them find great books to read? Join our Children's Greeter Team!
The Children's Greeter Team welcomes the hundreds of families that come in on weekends to the Children's Room, helps customers find books, answers basic library questions, and helps keep the Children's Room tidy. This is also a great job for buddies so grab a friend and join us!
Schedule (Weekends and/or Summer)
- Saturdays, 10-1pm, 12-3pm or 3-6pm
- Sundays, 12-3pm or 3-6pm
- Summer months (Minimum 4 hours/week any day of the week)
- Basic understanding of how a library is organized (we can teach you most of what you need to know)
- Must like kids and the people who love them
- Can handle a HIGH volume of requests and all the bustle that comes with LOTS of families
- Self-starter, friendly, unflappable
- Able to pass on challenging questions to the librarian
- Patient, caring, can deliver excellent customer service
- Literacy / Reading
- Youth Services
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Boost Sustainability in Austin!...
- Coach Kids in a Computer Lab!
- Love kids? Love the New Central...
- Help the Community Access...
- Help someone improve their...
- Like kids? Help out your local...
- Help the Austin Public Library...
- Want to teach and play Minecraft...
- Share Your Love for the Library!...
- Love the New Central Library?...
- Help Preserve Austin's History!