Love kids? Love the New Central Library? Apply to be a Children's Room Greeter!
65 people are interested
Want to make a difference in the busiest section of the new library? Do you like kids and can help them find great books to read? Join our Children's Greeter Team!
The Children's Greeter Team welcomes the hundreds of families that come in on weekends to the Children's Room, helps customers find books, answers basic library questions, and helps keep the Children's Room tidy. This is also a great job for buddies so grab a friend and join us!
- Saturdays, 2-4pm or 4-6pm
- Sundays 12-2pm, 2-4pm, or 4-6pm
- Basic understanding of how a library is organized (we can teach you most of what you need to know)
- Must like kids and the people who love them
- Can handle a HIGH volume of requests and all the bustle that comes with LOTS of families
- Self-starter, friendly, unflappable
- Able to pass on challenging questions to the librarian
- Patient, caring, can deliver excellent customer service
We'll work with your schedule.
New Central Library710 W Cesar Chavez St.Austin, TX 78701
- Literacy / Reading
- Youth Services
- Customer Service
- Background Check