New Heights Education Group is seeking a passionate Certified Montessori teacher with previous experience working with Montessori Primary School Aged (3 to 12 years old ) students.Children are grouped in mixed ages and abilities in three to six year spans: 0-3, 3-6, 6-12 (sometimes temporarily 6-9 and 9-12), 12-15, 15-18. We are considering the first two grade levels.
Candidates should have knowledge of executing an Montessori curriculum (AMI or AMS), including assessing the children's development and progress. Passionate about working with children? Ability to build rapport with children, families and peers? Positive and patient demeanor. Montessori Teacher would need to have some experience with Montessori and interested in implementing a new program within our organization.
Under the supervision of the Founder/Executive Director and/or office manager or other staff member, provide tutoring to assigned students. All tutoring must be conducted online under supervision of New Heights Educational Group staff or at the NHEG office or other location designated and agreed upon by all parties. Assist students in improving academic achievement by meeting with them at least three hours a week. We are not like traditional tutoring services; we do not tutor to get a student through an assignment but to figure out the gaps and help the student fill them in with knowledge and hard work. Other assistance might include reviewing class material, discussing the text, formulating ideas for papers, or working on solutions to problems. Tutors are not expected to know everything about the subject for which they tutor; instead they need not fear learning and looking up the information they don't know. We must never make up information to make ourselves look good; let’s be right because we found the answers through research and dedication.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Experience with core subjects Math, Reading/English and Science.
- Responsible, dependable, honest, and mature.
- Friendly, patient, and sensitive to a diversity of students.
- Background check.
- Resume, three references with email addresses required for Montessori Certified teachers.
- Letters from guidance counselor, teachers, principal etc. accepted for Montessori Certified teachers.
- Highly professional and dependable.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem solving skills.
- Required license or certification.
Required license or certification:
- Montessori Teaching Certificate
You will need to provide a resume and three references, including email addresses. You will also need to provide a drivers license and background check.
To be considered, please send all of the above mentioned documents to NewHeightsEducation@yahoo.com.
If assigned a HR Coordinator if you don't hear from us, please reach out again. All applications are answered. We suggest you check the spam folder for any correspondence not received.
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Yearbook Coordinator
- Internet Radio Host
- Content management on WordPress...
- Ohio Department of Education...
- Spreaker Expert/Internet Radio...
- PDF Presenter and Virtual...
- Videographer and cinematographers
- Speech Therapist - Language...
- APP Experts - Including product...
- Enrichment Day Class Instructors
- Event Coordinator/ Decorator
- Educational Advocate
- Logo Design and Branding...
- Partnership Builder
- Cartoonist Volunteer
- Online Foreign Language...
- Subsitute Teacher/Tutor Volunteer
- Online Class Monitors
- Assistant Virtual Development...
- Grant Writers