We are searching for a dynamic blogger to curate regular content for the AsylumConnect blog. In this role you will help interested individuals (team members, supporters, donors, partners, etc.) to stay connected and up-to-date on our progress. You will also help us to raise much-needed awareness for our cause. As AsylumConnect's Blogger, you will work to make our blog as engaging and informative as possible. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in writing, advocacy, and creative expression.
* Report (and work closely with) the Director of Marketing and Publicity.
* Brainstorm relevant topics and write bi-weekly blog posts for the AsylumConnect blog. (Possible topics include: feature interviews with AsylumConnect team members, initiative updates, relevant outside content related to seeking asylum in the U.S., developments in the U.S. and/or global LGBTQ rights movement, and broader immigration-related issues.)
* Curate corresponding visual content for blog posts.
* Identify and recruit AsylumConnect team members, supporters, and others to write guest blog posts to share their opinions on our organization and cause.
* Regularly update and monitor AsylumConnect's blog. Respond to comments on our blog in a timely fashion.
* Work with the social media team to promote blog posts.
* Stay up-to-date on AsylumConnect's activities and growth.
* Interest/background in one or more of the following area(s): blogging, communications, journalism, and/or advocacy.
* Superior written English language skills.
* Advanced research, writing and editing skills.
* Exciting vision for the AsylumConnect blog.
* Willingness to work collaboratively.
* Proven ability to meet deadlines.
* Creative and detail-oriented.
*Bonus*: Working skill set in Squarespace
*Please include a link to any writing sample (blog post, article, op-ed, academic essay, etc.) in your cover letter.
- Social Media / Blogging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-6 hours/week
- Highly motivated, proactive individual that will be engaged with our remote team!