Help Older Adults Manage Chronic Pain
2 people are interested
We are looking for enthusiastic people to lead the Chronic Pain Personal Action Toward Health (PATH) workshop in Clinton, Eaton, and Ingham counties.
Chronic Pain PATH is a recurring six-week workshop in which trained lay leaders (this is where you come in!) help people with chronic pain or caregivers of a person with chronic pain learn skills to manage their condition and improve their quality of life.
- Is a role model for healthy behaviors
- Possesses good listening skills, is non-judgmental, and dependable
- Has life experience with chronic pain or is a caregiver to someone with chronic pain
- Has some experience with, and is comfortable speaking in front of groups
- Can follow a scripted manual while connecting with participants
- No prior teaching experience or healthcare education is required, but it is a plus
- Watch for training dates soon. If you are interested, we can let you know once dates are confirmed.
I'M READY TO START! WHAT'S NEXT?
To request an application or for more information, contact Christine Histed at 517-887-1450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about TCOA's evidence-based programs, please visit https://www.tcoa.org/classesevidence-based-programs/.
We'll work with your schedule.
5303 S. Cedar St. Bldg. 1Lansing, MI 48911
- Elder care
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Must be able to attend 4 day training
- Ability to pass criminal background check.