We are looking for enthusiastic people to lead the Chronic Pain Personal Action Toward Health (PATH) workshop in Clinton, Eaton, and Ingham counties.
Chronic Pain PATH is a recurring six-week workshop in which trained lay leaders (this is where you come in!) help people with chronic pain or caregivers of a person with chronic pain learn skills to manage their condition and improve their quality of life.
- Is a role model for healthy behaviors
- Possesses good listening skills, is non-judgmental, and dependable
- Has life experience with chronic pain or is a caregiver to someone with chronic pain
- Has some experience with, and is comfortable speaking in front of groups
- Can follow a scripted manual while connecting with participants
- No prior teaching experience or healthcare education is required, but it is a plus
- All PATH leaders must attend all 4 days of training: 8:30am-4pm on 4/25, 4/26, 5/2, and 5/3 at the MSU Extension Conference Room in Jackson, MI.
- Snacks, lunch, and all materials are included.
- TCOA will cover the $60 training fee for individuals; we ask your organization to cover it if you are facilitating the workshop as part of your work.
I'M READY TO START! WHAT'S NEXT?
To request an application or for more information, contact Christine Histed at 517-887-1450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please respond by April 18th.
To learn more about TCOA's evidence-based programs, please visit https://www.tcoa.org/classesevidence-based-programs/.
- Elder care
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Must be able to attend 4 day training