Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. We believe our volunteers are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each volunteer is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Be our partner in Moving Forward Together.
The JFS Social & Wellness Centers provide a warm environment with social, educational, and recreational programs for older adults. Community members enjoy daily meals, exercise classes, art classes, games, cultural programs, and live entertainment. This is a home away from home for many older adults.
Goal of Position:
As a Performer or Entertainer, volunteers will perform at one or more of the centers for about one hour. Examples of desired entertainment: singing, musical instrument, band, dance group, magic, comedy, or other performance.
- An opportunity to share and perform engaging musical, dance or singing talents
- Bring joy and entertainment to an active, older adult community center
- Performance must be approximately 60 minutes
- Engage with and perform for groups ranging from 30 to 100 older adults
- Must possess professional quality performance skills and experience performing in front of audiences
- Ability to build good rapport with the audience
- Must be at least 16 years old (younger if approved)
- Complete a volunteer application at www.jfssd.org/volapp
- Complete a phone screening with the Volunteer Engagement Department
- Must provide a PA system (if necessary).
Presentations generally take place Monday or Fridays, occasionally Sundays between 11am and 2pm. **Note that performers are generally booked about 12 weeks in advance.
Coastal Club (Open Tuesday) 3575 Manchester Avenue, Cardiff by the Sea, CA 92007
College Avenue Center (Open Monday - Friday) 6299 Capri Drive, San Diego, 92120
North County Inland Center (Open Monday and Wednesday) 15905 Pomerado Road, Poway, CA 92064
Balboa Avenue Center (Open Tuesday - Thursday) 8788 Balboa Ave, San Diego, CA 92123
Social & Wellness Center Program Manager/Office Coordinator