Candidates will help SBA host impactful events through providing learning and networking opportunities for the community while increasing funds raised at our signature events. Interns will acquire competencies across a broad range of key skills under the marketing and event umbrella including communications skills, content creation, event management and relationship management. We welcome applicants who are self-starters, scrappy, and passionate about making a difference.
Event Planning/ Event Marketing Internship
The Event Planning/Event Marketing Intern will help support and help plan SBA’s national signature event, Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida, to achieve growth and exceed revenue goals. Our ideal candidate understands the role of event marketing to build relationships, start conversations, and is passionate about supporting the Spina Bifida community.
- Support pre-event planning activities including but not limited to sponsor outreach, participant coaching and relationship building, event promotion, and administrative logistics.
- Help implement strategic and tactical communications strategies to promote SBA and Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida.
- Learn a popular fundraising platform, generate content, and event information, create accounts and constituent records
- Identify and reach out to potential donors for food, raffle, and event entertainment
- Research and contact volunteer groups to help with the day of event management.
- Research and contact additional adaptive sports and disability services that serve our community and invite them to attend our events.
SBA welcomes applicants in all stages of academic or professional development-applicants do not need to be enrolled in an academic program.
Interns may receive academic credit if an agreement is made between SBA and the intern’s college or university. All interns are subject to the applicable SBA Personnel Handbook.
All interns will be hired on a part-time basis and asked to work 2-3 days a week. SBA will not offer assistance with travel and living expenses, meals or relocation fees, and does not sponsor international applicants for a work visa. Interns may receive a monthly stipend.
Students or recent graduates can apply to start immediately in our national office located in the Rosslyn community of Arlington, Virginia for a minimum duration of 3 months.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Breanne Walter via the contact information below.
Thank you for your interest,
National Director, Walk and Chapter Development
1600 Wilson Blvd. Suite 800, Arlington, VA 22209
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Community Outreach
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- 10-15 hours per week