Vice President Job Description
It is very important that you walk your talk and that the ideas and values you deeply believe are congruent with the Institute’s vision, mission, values and goals. It’s important that you have a deep understanding of why you want to see the changes and improvements in the world that the Institute is working toward. Also important is your appreciation of the Institute’s 21 st Century Philosophy Department. You will also have a vision for moving the Institute for Global Transformation (r) forward that can be articulated clearly and compellingly.
Transformational Leadership is the goal for all our Officers, Board of Directors, Department Directors, and Managers.
Leadership Responsibilities for all segments of the Institute include:
- Carrying out and attaining the vision, mission, and goals of the Institute
- Development of a superior volunteer workforce
- Development of each of the departments and programs
- Development of a volunteer-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key volunteer retention and development, and high performance.
Plan - Implement - Manage
- Planning, directing and overseeing the operations and fiscal health of the Institute for Global Transformation (r).
- Planning and maintaining procedures and policies that enable and encourage the optimum performance of our volunteers and programs.
- In combination with the Executive Committee, plan volunteer staffing needs.
- Help recruit, interview, and select volunteers.
- Provide oversight and direction to the volunteers in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with Program Managers and Department Directors, help coach, mentor and develop volunteers including overseeing, welcoming, and preparing new volunteer for their roles and duties.
- Empower volunteers to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among all volunteers that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness, and working effectively together to enable each volunteer and the department to succeed.
- Create a workplace culture that is consistent with the organization's vision and mission and guiding principles and values.
- Help develop a performance report to track when volunteers may need additional assistance or mentoring. Include goal setting, feedback, and performance and development planning.
Department Management in conjunction with the Executive Committee
- Manage the overall operational activities of the Institute.
- In conjunction with the Executive Committee and Board of Directors, manage the budgetary and financial responsibilities of the Institute.
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures and not for profit guidelines.
- Establish and maintain relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operation of each department and program.
- Review performance data that includes financial and activity reports to monitor and measure departmental productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness.
- Oversee the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the departments. Prepares periodic reports for the Executive Committee as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Communicate regularly with the Executive Committee and other designated contacts within the Institute.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as necessary.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Business Administration or Extensive Experience in Non Profit Business Management
- Background in spirituality or in rapport with the Institute’s 21 st Century PhilosophyDepartment. Modern spirituality is centered on the deepest values and meanings by which people live. It envisions an inner path enabling a person to discover the very essence of his/her being. There is no need to belong to any particular religion.
- Ability to Motivate
- Decision Making
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Interpersonal Communication
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Thinking
- Time Management.
- Budget Management
- Program Management
- Strategic Planning
- Business Planning
- Product Development
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 40
- Orientation or Training
- 20+ hours per week
- Degree in Business Administration or Extensive Experience in Non Profit Management,