Do you enjoy data entry? Become an advocate for reading while providing data entry support to Words Alive!
We are looking for an intern to work on a variety of one-time and ongoing data-entry projects at the Words Alive office. Our large volunteer base has made efficient and timely data entry crucial to our program success. As an intern you will work to support the overall development, collection, and analysis of volunteer data at Words Alive. Data analysis will be used to measure program efficiency.
Goals and outcomes:
Work performed by the intern enables program managers to efficiently grow and develop their program while being able to quickly follow up on program concerns. Work done on data entry and volunteer hour calculations will be used as resources for grant applications, fundraising, outreach reporting, and more.
Data Entry Interns will be tasked with the following:
- Processing and entering information from weekly volunteer surveys
- Cataloging volunteer records and notes
- Entering monthly volunteer hours
- Analyze survey trends
Ideal Interns would:
- Be competent in written and verbal English communication
- Have strong organizational skills
- Have a passion for data entry and experience with database data entry
- Have intermediate excel skills (need to know how to make and utilize pivot tables)
- Be able to navigate Survey Monkey
- Be able to work with minimal supervision
- Be comfortable working within deadlines
- Have reliable transportation
Hours and Location:
Interns will work at the Words Alive office located at 5111 Santa Fe St. Suite 219, San Diego, CA 92109. Interns can expect to commit 8-12 hours/month (Monday-Friday only, routine schedule preferred). Interns can also expect to work an additional 5-10 hours at the end of each semester (December and June). Will work with the intern to accommodate class schedules and for-credit requirements. *Start/end dates are flexible.
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8-10 hours a month
- Complete a volunteer application and submit a resume